Txt211 provides comprehensive information and referral. VIA LINK covers 10 parishes in southeast Louisiana, including: Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, Saint Bernard, Saint Charles, Saint John the Baptist, Saint Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa, and Lafourche.
Text your zip code to 898211
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri from 10am-3pm (CT)
Here’s how it works:
- Text 898211 from anywhere in Louisiana, anytime, for information & referrals to community services. (Starting a text indicates that you have agreed to our Terms of Service).
- Once the Specialist joins the conversation, you will be asked a few brief demographic questions. Your answers are confidential and are used for statistical purposes.
- After you’ve submitted your answers to the brief demographic questions, a live, trained Information & Referral Specialist will offer support and provide you with community resources to meet your need.
- The Specialist will work with you to help you process your specific situation by providing information and/or referrals if needed.
The goal of Txt211 is to be a service to you when you need information and/or referrals to community organizations and social service agencies. Our I&R Specialists can help with many human service needs including: Food, Mental Health Care/Counseling, Public Assistance, Healthcare, Criminal Justice/Legal Services, Employment Services, Disaster Services, Shelter/Housing, Utility/Rental Assistance, and much more.
Once you have ended your text session, you will be given the opportunity to tell us about your satisfaction with our resources in a brief survey. Hearing directly from you allows us to develop programs and services that help you best. We really appreciate your feedback.
VIA LINK Text Guidelines:
- Use respectful language.
- Stay focused on the text and respond regularly. We suggest you try to limit multitasking to get the most out of your text session.
- If you need to step away from your phone, let us know that you need to end the text and come back when you have time again.
PROHIBITED USES; RIGHT TO TERMINATE ACCESS
You may use Txt211 only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree to use Txt211 only for lawful and legitimate purposes. You agree not to use Txt211:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation;
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information or otherwise;
- To threaten, harass, or otherwise inappropriately abuse Txt211, its employees, partners, agents, subcontractors, Specialists, or others;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any content which does not comply with these Terms;
- To “spam,” gather or attempt to gather personal information belonging to users or others for the purposes of spamming, marketing, selling to third parties, or otherwise abusing Txt211 or its users;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate another person or entity; or To otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of Txt211.
Txt211 reserves the right to terminate your access if you violate these Terms, including by engaging in the prohibited uses described above or for other reasons not outlined here. For example, we might determine that you’d be better served by a different kind of support or that you require service beyond those that we can reasonably provide to you. Txt211 may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of Txt211 services, without notice, for any conduct that Txt211, at our sole discretion.
Terms of Service
Standard msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt-‐out. HELP for help. For end user privacy and terms and conditions of texting with 898211, go to: http://www.preventionpaystext.com/policies/
Txt211 is not a substitute for 9-1-1 (emergency services), 4-1-1 (telephone directory assistance) or other specialized hotlines or automated recordings. Txt211 supports individuals with hearing/speech impairments or they may also call 7-1-1. Translation services are available to those contacting Txt211 Alerts.
Use of Information and Services: The information and services provided by Txt211 are for informational purposes only.
Modification of Terms and Conditions: Txt211 reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter or update these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates.
Confidentiality of VIA LINK Specialists
VIA LINK Specialist are bound by confidentiality and will not discuss or release your information to any third parties. However, there are several circumstances in which a chat Specialist may be mandated by law to break confidentiality:
- If the Specialist believes that you are an immediate danger to yourself or someone else and needs to contact emergency services to assist.
- In cases where reportable abuse is mentioned. VIA LINK Specialist s are mandated reporters for abuse inflicted upon any of the following populations:
- Children under the age of 18
- Elderly persons over the age of 60
- Any person who is disabled
- Any person who is institutionalized, such as within a nursing home, hospital, or prison.
You are never required to provide the Specialist with any more information than you want to. VIA LINK Specialists will not make reports of any criminal activity for any reason other than those stated above.