Contact Center Specialist (part-time)
Posted on February 06, 2019
Position Title: Contact Center Specialist (part-time)
Accountability: Contact Center Supervisory Team
Contact Center Specialists provide callers with free, confidential counseling, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, information, referrals, follow-up, and advocacy. Due to the 24-hour nature of the agency contact center, all Contact Center Specialists are required to work occasional holidays as part of a team rotation. Specialists will receive extensive training crisis counseling, information & referral, and suicide prevention. Specialists must be willing to be trained in doing this work via phone, text or chat.
- Provide appropriate response to caller needs by establishing and maintaining a relationship with callers; identifying and clarifying caller’s problems/needs; dealing with caller’s feelings; exploring alternatives; providing information and referrals; and correctly closing all calls
- Follow all VIA LINK contact center procedures
- Accurately complete call reports
- Work occasional holidays and unscheduled hours as needed
- Work effectively as a team member
- Follow all VIA LINK agency/personnel policies
- Perform other related tasks as requested
- Preference is given to applicants with social service experience and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a human service field.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to type and use a keyboard and mouse
- Ability to speak, write, and comprehend English is necessary because services are provided by telephone and may involve emergency situations. The precise use of words and tone can be critical in understanding a caller’s situation.
- Preference given to bilingual Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to empathize with others, motivation to help people, and a non-judgmental attitude
- Successful completion of Contact Center Specialists training program provided by VIA LINK
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to work unscheduled hours when necessary
- Ability to work in disaster situations.
Training and Supervision
Contact Center Specialists must successfully complete a training program provided by VIA LINK before answering calls independently. Contact Center Specialists receive in-service trainings as well as supervision and regular evaluations.